I just got back from a 2-week holiday in Tokyo/Yokohama (with an overnight stay at a traditional guest house in Hakone). My now-fiance (more on that in a bit)'s parents very generously took us, we only needed spending money (and my Dad paid for my flight, I think he felt guilty about not being able to take me to Japan himself).
Well as you can guess, Japan was AWESOME. We got to see both modern and traditional Japan as we visited lots of temples and things as well as sightseeing in the cities! I got to visit places I've wanted to go to for many years, including Harajuku and Akihabara. I bought so much stuff I needed to buy another suitcase :') I have lots of photos from the trip and I'll probably upload some of them as deviations. I've also included some in this journal ^^
Tsurugaoka Hachimangu Shrine, the biggest shrine in Kamakura (place on the coast that we visited)
Japan is just an incredible country. The culture is amazing, every piece of food I had was delicious, and the people are so friendly (Well, until you get on a train with them....
). We saw so many crazy, funny and awesome things that I'd be here all day if I tried to write about it all.
Delicious ramen <3
Nevertheless I thought I'd share a couple of the signs I saw, XD:
- Visiting Japanese arcades (mainly SEGA and Game Taito Station), where we discovered the glory that is Taiko Drum Master
- Japanese toilets. THEY HAVE WARM SEATS. AND THEY WASH YOUR BUMBUM
(no pics of those sry)
- Seeing the giant Gundam at Gundam Front Tokyo in Odaiba, then going to the adjacent Gundam Museum - IT WAS AMAZEBALLS. It had huge Gundam models and exclusive Gunpla and a 3D movie thing in a dome and HNNNNNNNG (definitely uploading more pics from that)
Me and le fiance
- We also went to the Gundam Cafe in Akihabara ^^
- Staying in the guest house in Hakone, which had very comfy futon AND a traditional onsen (hot spring bath). We went to both the indoor and outdoor onsen - both are private. The outdoor onsen was all snowy (it was the worst snow in 45 years when we got there, we were stuck for 4 hours at Narita airport)... and you have to go in butt-naked. You get undressed and showered in a little building next to the onsen and then you get in (you also have to wear traditional yukata when going to the onsen). Butt naked. In the snow. XD But once you got in the onsen it was sooooo hot and relaxing! And very pretty in the snow :3 I could have stayed there for the rest of the holiday, XD (also it was just me and the fiance in the onsen, in case you were wondering his parents used it separately haha)
- Visiting Yokohama Pokemon Center! We bought so much stuff AND got a free Gengar and Scizor!
And yes, the biggest highlight was of course MY BOYFRIEND PROPOSING!
He proposed on Valentine's Day in our hotel.... it *was* supposed to be at Tokyo Skytree but there was a huge blizzard that day so he and his family had to keep changing their plans, apparently it was a very stressful day
I did start to get an inkling when he kept sneaking off with his Mam but it was still a surprise! The ring is so very very pretty, but it's a bit big (I have teeny tiny fingers) so we have to get it adjusted. I can't wait to start wearing it properly ^^
So that essentially was the icing on the cake, the cake being the trip of a lifetime
I'm kinda sad to be home now! But I do have all my stuff to keep me happy, including an insane amount of plushies....
And of course I'll be able to start drawing and updating again, once my jetlag wears off!
(Srsly gaiz I'm like a zombie atm ;______
I hope you've all been keeping well while I was away, and I hope you enjoyed the photos ^^
Until next time!